ДІКЗ «Поле Полтавської битви» на дистанційному доступі
У зв’язку із низкою заходів, пов’язаних із запобіганням випадків захворюваності на гостру респіраторну інфекцію, протидії поширенню коронавірусу COVID-19 та з метою організації змістовного дозвілля в умовах самоізоляції пропонуємо відвідати музей історії Полтавської битви дистанційно.
The perpetuation of the memory of the Battle of Poltava as well as the battle site started early 18th century. Gradually, a museum town allegorically named as “Swedish grave” appeared around the common grave of Tsar Peter I’s army warriors. The first Poltava Battle Museum was opened here in 1909, and in 1950 it was reopened again.
In 1981 the entire Poltava battlefield was declared a National Historical and Cultural Reserve, which protected area is 720 hectares. Arii-Leon Vaingort (1912-1994), the Chief Architect of Poltava in 1938-1970, played an important role in its creation. (карта-схема заповідника)
The complex of monuments “Poltava Battlefield” is listed in the State Register of Immovable Monuments of Ukraine as an Object of National History (Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 09.09.2009, No. 928, protection number 160009-H).
Today the “Poltava Battlefield” State Reserve is an important scientific and methodological center, as well as a place that attracts many tourists from all continents. The events of the Great Northern War are of special interest of Europeans, since its participants were the ancestors of present day Swedes, Russians, Ukrainians, Finns, Norwegians, Danes, Germans, Poles, Turks, Moldovans, Belarusians, British, Lithuanians, Estonians, Latvians, and Czechs.
The museum was started when the Russian Empire was getting ready for the pompous celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Poltava. The painful defeat in the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905), the revolution of 1905-1907, the activation of the national liberation movements, has forced the authorities to strengthen the imperial patriotic upbringing of the population. For this purpose, the propaganda of the military-historical past, the glorification of the power of the Russian Empire and its army were broadly used. The empire continued to create the myth of the Poltava battle as a “glorious victory”.
In August 1908 Tsar Nicholas II signed the decree on the establishment of an interdepartmental commission to prepare for the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Poltava, headed by General of the Cavalry Baron Alexander Bilderling. The venue for the planned celebrations was Poltava. A few monuments dedicated to the Battle of Poltava were built in the city by the date of celebration. A new museum dedicated to the Battle of Poltava was completed in the city suburb of “Swedish Grave”.
The Poltava Battle Museum was founded due to the efforts of its first director, Lieutenant Colonel Ivan Pavlovsky (1851-1922), who served for 39 years as a teacher of history at the Petrovsky Poltava cadet school. He was one of the founders and a longstanding secretary of the Poltava scientific archival commission, an active member of the Poltava Historical and Archeological Committee and besides he was repeatedly elected deputy of the Poltava City Duma (council). Modern historians still use bibliographic reference books on the history of Poltava region, published by Ivan Pavlovsky.